The art of sales is mastered by a select few sales personalities; those who are passionate about building long-term relationships with clients, who can understand people’s thought processes from an analytical bent of mind & know what makes them tick and those who can drive the sales graph with their scientific and mathematical strategies.
Organizations having a sales manager with the above traits are lucky and highly successful in their sales endeavours, whatever they may be. They are great at fomenting long-lasting customer relationships, are adept at the cold calling game, know how to create a healthy pipeline of leads and keep the sales funnel running.
They enjoy short sales cycles by bringing clarity to their customers, dishing out the right solutions depending on the complexity of the problem customers are facing and ultimately helping them measure the impact of the solution provided to them. This perks up the brand image of the organization, and evokes trust and faith in customers for the brand who ultimately vouch for it.
For the record, short sales cycles do wonders for a business. It builds credibility of the organization and allows salespersons to attend to multiple leads within a shorter time frame. The result is minting wades of money.
The truth is most businesses are bogged down by the problem of a lengthy sales cycle which is putting a major dent on their coffers and at the same time hampering their growth. To meet their desired targets, companies are resorting to extensive hiring of sales reps which ultimately is not helping to push the sales graph upwards.
So, if we haven’t bored you with our little harangue, let’s continue this with a cocktail of some bulletproof strategies to shorten your sales cycle and usher a new dawn for your business.
- A fool-proof CRM is key: A centralized CRM system having a repository of every facet of information including customer data, leads information, contacts, daily customer interactions and much more. To keep a sales team updated whether in an office or on the go and maintain a constant flow of accurate information to the sales reps, a robust CRM software is needed. This tool will eliminate inaccuracies, prepare sales reps for every interaction with customers and remain a constant with them till the end of the sales cycle.
- Clarify the bull’s eye first: Knowing which customers will gel well with your products and gunning for them will lead to a clear stream of lead flow into your pipeline. Get a shot at the buyer personas first, viz. their pain points, whether they need the product or not, how the product will help them, how will they research about the product, to mention a few. This will home you in on the right cluster of buyers, help your sales team customize message and emails accordingly and result in the generation of high-quality, potential leads.
- Distil the leads: How much time you will grind on a particular lead depends upon its quality and chance of prospection. Most of the time in a sales cycle is wasted on pursuing bad leads. So, sales reps have to filter out these red flags that cost them time and money so that you can direct your time and effort towards the potential ones.
- Leverage social media: Today, in the age of digitization, a social media footprint is a must to propel your business forward and enable a bigger reach. Social media is a conventional and seamless way to interact with customers on a personal level, know their pain points and push your products as a solution to their problems. Through social media, strong relationships are nurtured which helps in shortening the sales cycle.
- Induct game-changing sales technologies: If you are aiming for the sky and still use hackneyed methods to run your sales team, you are bound to fail. Induct best-in-class technologies and equip your sales team with them. Make them familiar with automation and analytics to understand customer behaviour, predict sales, compare sales performances and clear any confusion in the path of a sales cycle. The results will be wonderful.