For salespersons, the one thing that keeps them happy is a pipeline full of leads. If you ask anyone in a sales role, what is their favourite thing, “leads” will be their answer. It’s no secret that every sales rep wants high-quality leads to strike a conversation with and take prospects down the funnel.
However, just having a kitty full of leads won’t hold the happiness of salespersons for long, unless and until they convert them into successful deals, because that’s where the money comes from. You can run the most fertile business campaigns amongst your competitors, but if you can’t convince your leads to buy from you, then it’s all for naught.
For most B2B professionals, lead conversions are a major headache. Truth be told, not many follow the right sales strategies to bring home the bacon. Instead, they waste their time pursuing bad opportunities and lose money and business in the process.
Imbibing the right sales conversion strategies can put your business on the right track by nurturing the leads properly and converting them into sales opportunities. Here’s a quick lowdown of some strategies that can turn around your business.
- Sieving the lead list: For successful lead conversion, it is imperative to put the weight on lead quality rather than quantity. You can bring a fairly large amount of revenue with 50 high-quality leads than wasting your time over 200 unfiltered ones. So, numbers aren’t everything. Picking up the right lead according to your target market is the first step, followed by the right content and tactful presentation to nurture and attract the lead. Good quality leads are easy to nurture, boost responses from already-warm leads and lead to better conversions.
- Invest in a good CRM: Efficient capturing of leads and managing them can do half the job of sales reps. A good quality CRM, like EDGE, can make your business look promising and help sales reps get productive, efficient and effective. With a CRM, you can organize contact data, segment customers, get insights on customer data, and keep the status of your leads up to date. A CRM will allow you to organize your efforts and keep a tab on aging leads.
- Understand the lead conversion path: One of the potent ways to convert a lead into a customer is to track his journey from the first contact to the end goal. Most companies use content marketing to warm-up a lead and get them interested. Providing good-quality content through emails, social media pages, website articles and landing pages can lead him to sign up or subscribe to your website. Keeping web forms can be a good tool to get all the information you want from the leads.
- Verify the data received: To boost lead quality, verification of customer data is very important. Collecting old and wrong data can throw water on good opportunities and can lead to a loss in revenue. Even a wrong name or email address can spell doom. If the information of a lead is wrong from the start, then the whole lead conversion process will head in the wrong direction. So, validation of data is imperative to sales success.
- Customer Experience: No matter how much effort you put in nurturing a lead and converting it into a successful deal, if you lose touch with the new-found customers, your lead conversion will go down the drain. Keep a track of the buyer’s journey & remind them with emails and notifications that you exist. Update them with your services and offers and take feedback from time to time to keep a tab on whether they are interested in your services or not.