In the 21st century today, running a successful business at full steam isn’t about inventing a business model that is conventional or ahead of time. It’s about whipping up a model that hinges on solving customer problems and putting a smile on their faces with all-encompassing customer experience; even though it means disrupting your original business model.
Customers veer their attention towards a company that offers them an exceptional customer experience. According to a research by Salesforce, 84% of the customers say that the experience a company provides is as important as its products and services.
So, putting the customer at the heart of a business should be the main goal of the company and all its decisions must revolve around the expectations of customers.
Focusing on how to make the customer experience better and keeping the reputation alive in the eyes of the clients, has to be the sole objective of companies. This will evoke loyalty in your customers for your products and dissuade them from switching to your rivals.
With social media selling becoming an important prerogative in attracting customers, businesses should leverage social media channels to engage with customers on a personal level and solve their problems. Creating a bond with customers on social media will act as an opportunity to gather leads, market your products, and also sell them via links to your website.
To put more meat on the bones of this idea, we have curated some tips to help companies beef up their customer experience strategies to create a better reputation and also push their sales graph upwards.
- Leverage customer support to drive sales: The time has come to focus your attention on customer support wholeheartedly, rather than cringing on the best business model to drive sales. Collecting valuable customer feedback from different channels, analyzing them, coming up with actionable insights and passing them on to the sales reps should be the workflow to business success. Customers today use a raft of channels to engage with businesses. It is therefore imperative to communicate with your clients on those channels, analyze their activities and find opportunities to upsell and cross-sell upcoming products and their features. Digital conversations will benefit both sales and marketing teams and help the company achieve its objectives at half the cost.
- Create easy access for customers to reach you: Creating an omnichannel customer support network is imperative to allow clients to engage with a business. For the record, most customer relationships happen post-sale, when a customer contacts a business for resolving an issue with the product. Different touchpoints are thus necessary to provide customers with faster access according to their choice. Taking care of each customer issue with quick response time and empathy earns a customer’s trust. Remember customers evaluate support quality and it can be the sole reason sometimes they will prefer your product over others.
- Train customer agents with a sales pill: The job of a customer executive should not be limited to solving customer queries or product issues. Customer reps should push themselves to sell between conversations. While this needs an acute understanding of products inside out, support people must also be adequately trained on how to handle each conversation so that it creates a profound impact on the mind of the consumer.
- Proactive mindset while assisting customers: Companies today are not stopping at selling a product to their clients. They contact them through various channels for customer feedback and ask for ratings on the product and their service. This proactive approach is reaping benefits for businesses trying to optimize the customer experience to loyalty and sales. Some organizations offer live-chat sessions while selling their product to extract more information from their clients without being pushy.
- Leverage customer data to the hilt: A well-equipped CRM system is necessary to manage, analyze customer data and turn them into insights for better customer experience. Advanced analytical tools and machine learning software are used to sieve through different customer feedback data and come out with actionable information that can be utilized to great effect.
Keeping customers at the top of the pedestal and listening closely to their needs can provide companies with a wealth of information to optimize their selling strategies and come out with flying colors. Identifying the pain-points of customers and adopting a proactive approach to solve them through the implementation of new tools can build trust and loyalty in the eyes of the clients and help drive sales figures to unimaginable numbers.